- New and improved OHV MZ360 engine with a hemispherical head ‐ Yamaha legendary durability and reliability.
- Rugged Wheel kit w/fold-down locking handles ‐ Standard on the EF5500D.
- Cast iron cylinder lining ‐ Optimal heat dissipation.
- Automatic oil warning system shuts off engine before oil level is low ‐ Prevents engine damage, avoids costly repairs, minimizes down time, enhances long term durability.
- Transistorized ignition provides lean, efficient spark ‐ Maintenance-free and ensures fast, easy starting, reliable operation.
- Auto decompression ‐ Automatically “opens” exhaust valve to reduce compression for easier starting.
- EPA Emission Engine Life Rating ‐ The EF5500D meets the strictest environmental standards - EPA and CARB.
- Ground Fault Interrupter (G.F.I.) ‐ If the system senses a leak to “ground,” it automatically cuts off power to help prevent injuries.
- Fuel gauge ‐ Lets operator monitor how much fuel is left.
- Tool kit ‐ Makes service easier.
- Model / Model Code: EF5500D
- Type: 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Dimensions (length/width/height): 29.1" x 28.4" x 31.5"
- Dry Weight: 221.7 lbs
- Engine Type: OHV
- Displacement: 358cc
- Capacity: 6.9 Gallons
- Fuel Type: Unleaded Regular
- Cooling Type: Air Cooled
- Type: Brushless
- Maximum AC Output: 5500 Watts
- Rated AC Output: 4500 Watts
- Rated AC Current / Maximum: 36.0 amps /44.0 amps @120V | 18.75 amps/22.9 amps @ 240V
- Noise Level: 74.1 dBA
- Continuous Operation at Rated Load: 9.0 Hrs
Selected this particular model since it is NOT electric start, pull start only. The ONLY reason it did not start on the first pull upon new assembly was due to choke lever not set correctly. Pulled it three times then as soon as choke was set to full, it started immediately and every time thereafter. Solid frame construction, quiet operation, everything you would expect from a "Yamaha" brand of equipment!! Only (minor complaints) 1) CO sensor VERY sensitive, shut it down quickly after startup in my garage. 2) Unable to register the unit through Yamha for warranty. Company is working to resolve this with Yamaha
Five stars! Packaging was Exceptional! Driver was courteous and took his time to make sure everything was unloaded without difficulty. Great service would order again but I only really need one generator :-) thank you
Forgot to mention, started on the first pull ÃƒÂ°Ã…Â¸Ã¢â‚¬ËœÃ‚Â
Excellent in all ways, service,quality and price! Special thanks to Nathan.
Yamaha gives Honda real competition.
Could not have been better! Good product, good price and quick delivery. Awesome!
I was able to get the electric start model and I am glad I did. I find that the electric choke is hard to get use to when it first start but after about a minute the generator purrs. I have two other 5000 watt generators(Coleman) and they each sound like they are twice the noise level as the Yamaha.